Sunday, November 22, 2009

Birthday Pre-Party

Someone we know and love has her first birthday coming up. I won't spare any of you with the, I can't believe our baby is already a year old drama. I will save that posting for another night. Sweet, sweet Clara came over for dinner Sunday. With all the wisdom of a 3 1/2 year old she put together that they were bringing Amelia a birthday present and that her mom was bringing dessert which happened to be a cake so therefore it had to be a birthday party. That was certainly not the intent but I learned you can't say no to those brown eyes!

Before we could get to the cake Clara helped Amelia with her mac-n-cheese. Clearly Amelia needs a lot of help as she is a mess!

After Clara's request we found some candles and Clara taught Amelia how to blow out a candle!

I think the above pictures of Clara and Amelia show two little girls who look a lot like their moms. When writing this post I recalled a picture of me on my first birthday which (a) I was sitting in the same highchair Amelia uses and (b) Clara's mama Gretchen was in. Here it is!

2 comments:

  1. I was just talking about how Amelia was almost a year old...I can't believe it either...she gets cuter by the day! Enjoy a less stressful turkey day than last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of baby Whitney and Gretchen and JD. Seems like just yesterday the three of you looked just like that. Where do the years go? The older I get the faster they go.......Happy Birthday Amelia! Love your Great Aunt Susan (yipes - how could I be anyone's "great" anything....now that really does sound OLD!)

    ReplyDelete