Friday, January 22, 2010

no one likes a complainer.....

So there I was in a cab coming home from work tonight complaining to myself about anything and everything; I've been working way too many hours, I miss Amelia, this Lake Shore Drive traffic sucks, this Chicago weather blows, I wish I could afford the time and money to go on a big shopping trip, etc, etc. Then all of a sudden the cab driver cranked up Bad Romance (that's right I dig Lady Gaga) and slowly I started to feel better. Then I got to thinking about how I recently read an article about complaining and why, you just shouldn't do it. Does anyone want to listen to a complainer? Um, no. I mean what do I even have to complain about anyway? Um, nothing especially considering the devistation in Haiti which our home has been so humbled by.

I'm not complaining here, just making a statement (can I do that?). I have really been struggling with my work life balance over the past month or so. Even though the balance has not been ideal we have still had plenty of laughter as a family over the last few weeks! My deadline is out the door so like it it or not my family is going to be stuck with more of my time.
We love lazy weekend mornings in our home! PJ's, coffee, the newspaper and of course our girl who is a total morning gal.
Frankly I can't recall if it is an Evans or Kaiser tradition to have popcorn for dinner. If I had to guess I would put money on my dad's grandma as the one who served popcorn and apples for dinner every Sunday. However I also feel like I have memories of my Grandma Kaiser serving her share of popcorn. Regardless I was raised believing that popcorn is a perfectly acceptable dinner. For the first time I shared a popcorn dinner with Amelia. She must be an Evans/Kaiser as she kept stuffing her face with it. After our meal (yeah good timing) I did research on when you are "supposed" to feed a baby popcorn and apparently many people believe popcorn is a totally no-no for little tykes. Hm, just another day where I am disqualified from winning a parenting award.
This is a view I see a lot of Amelia wanting mommy to pick her up. Not sure if you caught her shirt covered in water but the reason for that is; Amelia has decided she loves trying to drink water from a glass. It doesn't always go so well.
We have to be quick about getting things in and out of the refrigerator or the entire cheese drawer ends up on the floor. I must not be doing everything wrong as a mom because at least she pulls out the cheese and not the champagne and/or wine.....

Most people use utensils to eat spaghetti but then again most people aren't toddlers.

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest post, Whit! Amelia has the sweetest smile. Hang in there...I've had those days too. I just remind myself that Lola loves her friends at Dianne's and that when I am with her, it's super special.

    ReplyDelete