Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Artist in Training

Amelia had her first "school events" when her daycare hosted their fall art fair last Friday. Growing up in Lawrence I was spoiled with having all four of my grandparents within a half an hour drive. Merrill and I don't have childhood event memories without the attendance of of two parents and four grandparents. Amelia got to have two of her grandparents at her first event. I'm pretty sure the only reason that she didn't have all four was that the other two don't live nearby. I have a feeling that all four grandparents will log their share of hours at school plays and after school activities.The proud grandparents and their artist!The school keep all the projects covered so they are a surprise for the parents on the night of the event. In addition to all of the kiddo's masterpieces the teachers did a "project." Each student was photographed and then participated in a question and answer session. Apparently Amelia wasn't in the mood to smile but she did a good job practicing poses for her Senior pictures. I'm sure with the toddlers they had to get creative with "their" answers.

Q :Who should be the next Mayor of Chicago?
A: DADA!!!!

Q: What is something round?
A: ball

Q (to teacher): What will Amelia be doing in 5 years?
A: Being the sweetest girl in her first grade class

Oh, teachers know what to say to make parents proud! Amelia showing JuJu one of her masterpieces. What was Amelia's favorite part of the show? The bags of popcorn!

1 comment:

  1. What a precious memory! And of course, I'm dying to know where you found her dress! ;)

    ReplyDelete