So far this pregnancy has gone very smoothly and like with Amelia I find that when I get good sleep, eat well and exercise I feel pretty darn good. We know how blessed we are and really hope things stay this smooth! I think I'm on the path to a healthy, active pregnancy except for my excessive sweet tooth. Seriously, I must get it under control. Cupcakes leftover from a condo building party, donuts in the office, a trip to the cafe for an afternoon sugar cookie, leftover Halloween candy are examples of how I can always seem to find my next fix. If I keep this up I will (a) put the baby at risk for diabetes, (b) have to deliver a 10lb baby, (c) complain a lot after the baby is born about all the weight I have to lose and (d) get bad news during my next trip to the dentist. Why of course the weight has to come as a healthy baby and mom are the #1 priority however I don't believe a daily dose of sugar has been proven to aid in fetal or maternal health. My new yoga DVD came yesterday, I did one of the sessions this morning and I have limited myself to one sweet during the week and one on the weekend. Now let’s see if I can stick to my plan! Mark has been put in charge of my sugar control and getting me up in the mornings to workout. Wish him luck, especially with the morning wake up calls.
As with Amelia we are saving the boy/girl surprise until he/she arrives. Below are some pictures of Amelia's spotlight stealer, toy thief and (on occasion, maybe?) best friend.

p.s. Anyone else heard the new-ish Annie Lennox song, "Universal Child?" Yep heard it while doing this blog. I cried and most definitely blame hormones....
Whit, I'm so thrilled for you guys! Congrats on #2!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Congrats Whit, so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI had not heard the news. Congrats Whitters!
ReplyDelete