Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Spirit

So I was feeling like there was really no reason to decorate for Christmas this year. Between plans to spend Christmas in Kansas and not hosting any holiday functions it seemed like kind of a waste of time to decorate for just Mark, Amelia and I. It isn't that I'm Scrooge I was just feeling lazy. My change of heart can be attributed to two events; (1) waking up the other Saturday to the most beautiful snow and (2) Mark was adamant that we would have Christmas decorations and so he told me that if I didn't feel up to it he would take care of it. There is nothing like Mark threatening to decorate to get me motivated!Amelia seemed to enjoy picking out a Christmas tree and the first snow storm of the season. Then dad had to go and throw snowballs at her which she wasn't too sure about. He claims it was perfect snowball snow so how could he resist......After bringing home the perfect tree it was time for Mark to get to work shoveling. It didn't take long for Amelia to realize what Mark was doing. She pointed to the garage and said "shovel" and insisted on going outside to help. Without Amelia and her pink beach toy I just don't know how Mark would have ever gotten it done.

Clearly, she was an enormous help.Does anyone know how to get a toddler to wear gloves/mittens? She refuses and her poor little hands were frozen by the time we got inside.

And then there was her daycare's holiday show. Amelia's classroom "performed" to Alvin and the Chipmunk's "Christmas Don't be Late." Hilarious is all I can say to twelve two-year olds dressed in their Chipmunk style initial shirts "dancing" to a song on stage. Our shy little girl kind of hung in the back but danced the entire song with a huge smile on her face.

2 comments:

  1. #1 She looks absolutely precious in that snow suit. #2 Is it just me, or does she look THAT much shorter than her schoolmates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have given anything to have attended Amelia's Christmas program (although I would have had to wear a Depends.....extreme laughter can be dangerous these days) She is SO adorable!! Have an awesome Kansas Christmas....wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete