Big sister Amelia has really been hanging in there and adjusting well to life as a big sis. She loves all the visitors who have come to meet Juliet and especially loves to open the presents and eat the cookies (Kate and Lane) they leave behind. Since Juliet spends most of her time sleeping Amelia has somewhat lost interest in her. She still loves to hug (crush) her and play with her toes. Once Juliet gets more awake and active I'm sure Amelia will have a thing or two to say about her, I just hope it is on the positive side!
Right when Juliet arrived Amelia moved to a different two-year old classroom at daycare. Now this transition has not gone as smoothly. Amelia was very attached to one of her teachers, Ms. Rosy and has not exactly warmed up to her new teachers. Drop-offs are agonizing as she cries and between sobs tells em things such as; "I stay home with Mommy and Juliet. I go to my old classroom. I no like my new classroom." By the time Mark picks her up she is happy and her teachers report that she stopped crying very quickly after my leaving. I do know she loves being with her friends and it is really good for her to keep going while I'm on maternity leave. I continue to hope for a tears-free drop-off as leaving her whens he is crying breaks my hormonal heart.
..proudly showing off her new shirt.
We all have a bit of cabin fever and I think Amelia is feeling it the most. Last weekend we took her to family swim at the local pool which she loves going to. We just need to get our lazy selves together on the weekends and take her more often. Mark loves playing with her in the pool and until Juliet can join them we just get to hangout and watch. This weekend we took her to Target so she could pick-out a tricycle which for now she rides around the house. Please spring, arrive in Chicago as we are very ready for you!!!!
Hi Evans Lang Family! Thanks for the update on how you are transitioning into a Family of Four. That "crying upon leaving" thing is so painful - I had years of that and finally realized that I would have to stay at every b-day party or event my kids went to so I always asked the hosts to put me to work since I'd need to stay for the whole party or my kid would create a tramatic scene. But I had lots of extra party fun over the years and met lots of nice people. Let's pray for Spring; we have a possibiity of snow on April Fool's Day. Cruel trick of Mother Nature to play on those of us who only live 30 minutes from The Beach!
ReplyDelete