Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sunshine 2012 - Part 1

We still haven't figured out a good routine for visiting family. Between Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado, California and Arizona we never have enough vacation time or money to make all the family and friend trips we want to each year. Why of course this is a good problem but me being the guilt filled person I am always worry that we aren't getting around to see all the family and friends we very genuinely want to see. This year we decided to try something new. We took a nine day vacation starting in Palm Desert then finishing in Phoenix. All in all it was a fabulous vacation and we thank our very generous hostess and hosts! After Southwest four our lost luggage (for the second straight trip, not that I'm keeping track) we were ready to start the first half of our trip in Palm Desert.
My inner Mary Ruth comes out before vacations when I layout clothes, make packing lists, etc well in advance of when a normal person packs. I suppose Amelia picked up on my actions and decided she of course needed to pack. Amelia loaded up her baby doll crib and pushed it around the condo telling us it was her suitcase. Why she is naked with a towel around her I have no idea.....
Once we made it to JuJu and Poppy's both girls took good naps and when they woke up they were ready to start vacation.
Fashion according to Amelia; pick out which ever clothes and accessories have the most colors and patterns then top off the outfit with lots of purple. Oh how I wish I had a picture of Amelia's outfit when she went on a special afternoon date with Poppy. He took her up to the clubhouse for a golf car ride and snack. According to JuJu she was wearing her princess dress with her Bears shirt underneath it and her winter stocking cap. Apparantly she got many comments on her outfit. Poppy treated her to a chocolate chip energy bar and her first Coca Cola. Not only was she in hog heaven she was wired when they got back!
A sunset round of golf with Poppy was well worth a four hour flight!
Amelia loved the putting course so we spent lots of time riding the golf cart to/from the course and watching Amelia perfect her swing.
By now you are probably wondering where Baby J was? She was busy going to urgent care to get a prescription for her pink eye. It wouldn't be a Lang Family vacation without checking out the local healthcare facilities. She didn't let her pink eye ruin her vacation!
A short two weeks shy of her first birthday we decided to do a practice birthday party with the grandparents. Poor Juliet was still bumming from her pink eye so she just kind of stared at the cupcakes
I know the day will come when I watch a car drive off with Amelia behind the wheel and Juliet in the passengar seat playing DJ but we are a long way from that! Thank goodness the golf cart wasn't on or I think the girls would have been ready to go for a spin.
Papa made the drive from Phoenix to pick us up for the next leg of our trip. The only complaint I have is that we weren't in either place long enough. So although we were super sad to say bye to California it was time to head to Phoenix.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you have "an inner Mary Ruth" Whitney! Didn't realize that her legacy affected other family members too. As I see my mother in my mirror these days sometimes I hear her words come out of my mouth, too. Aging is scary! I love your family vacations.....you need to be a reality show!! Thank you for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete