Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Juliet

Baby J is technically not a baby anymore. Although with how tiny she is and just starting to walk she still is much more baby than toddler. Truth be told I'm happy to hold onto Baby J as long as possible! Below are pictures from her shared birthday party with Georgia who turned 4 on the 3rd.
 
Baby girl, here are some things about your first year I don't want to forget:
  • Juliet is one loved little girl who spent her first year surrounded by family and great friends.
  • She is an easy going babe.
  • When she is ready to go to sleep. Put her to bed. Immediately.
  • She is a little snuggle bug. This little girl loves to cuddle and when Mark picks her up from daycare she is frequently curled up with one of her providers.
  • When Juliet is having a good stretch she is a great sleeper but the littlest things get her off and have us all awake at night. Seriously, she is a year shouldn't we be done with up all nights?!?!?!?!
  • Ear infections. Enough said.
  • She is a social lady. Her smile lights up a room and one look at her from a stranger and she is grinning ear to ear.
  • She is in love with Ms. Gaby at daycare. Even before she could crawl if Ms. Gaby was on the other side of the room, Juliet would roll across the room until she got to her.
  • Juliet did a great job helping GranAnn recover from major surgery. At five weeks old she obediently slept in GranAnn's arms while she recovered.
  • Sisters - I think the girls are acting just like sisters are supposed to. Juliet seems to adore Amelia and wants to follow her and do whatever she is doing. Amelia adores Juliet and then the next second screams "MINES" while yanking away whatevery Juliet is holding.
  • She has discovered the spice cabinet which was a favorite past time of her sister's.
  • A round of "If Your Happy and You Know It" always makes for a happy little girl!
  • Parenting two little girls and working is hard. Mark and I are tired. All. The. Time.
  • She isn't staying any words yet. Maybe Amelia and I should stop talking so much so Juliet can start getting in a word or two...
  • Loves vegetables. Hates fruit. Really loves mac-n-cheese. Wouldn't touch her birthday cupcake.
  • She did it! She has us wrapped around her little fingers and has filled our hearts with joy!


2 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday to my GREAT Niece, Juliet! I hope I get to meet you soon. Love, Great-Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting and depressing! I have to be honest...was hoping for better sleeping news at this point! Please don't tell me I have at least six months of this left?! On the other hand, happy birthday, J!

    ReplyDelete