Saturday, May 19, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ballgame



I (Mark) am back for my second blog posting of all time.  I really would like to do more but Whitney is so good at it that I defer to her (this is the same reasoning that results in me doing a lot of dishes in our house).

Anyway, I got treated to an early Father's Day present when Amelia said she wanted to go to the Cubs game.  Whitney wanted to surprise me and get tickets but was so worried about getting tickets to the wrong game that she told me to just pick a game.  Of course I picked the soonest game I could as I was super excited to get to take Amelia to her first Cubs game.  As many of you know I am a little bit of a Cubs fan so this meant a lot to me.

Amelia reluctantly posed for a pre-walk picture for Mommy.
Luckily, Whitney was able to get some good ones as we walked away.

A couple of pics in front of the marquee.  One I clearly took myself and the other a friendly stranger  helped me out.  I sure did get a good work out as Amelia wanted to be carried a lot that day.  I don't blame her (and secretly I enjoyed it) as the concourse gets awfully crowded and she would surely get bumped in to a lot.



All of the above were taken by Amelia.  The first one was pretty good...  And I am not sure how she took a black and white picture, I will have to ask her next time I want that setting.
Two thumbs up for the Cubs!  Not sure she was aware of the score.
The game was really fun.  The weather could have been better - outside the field it was about 60, in our seats I would guess about 45 and windy.  That didn't stop Amelia as she wanted to stay for the whole game.  We took a 1 1/2 inning stroll in the middle of the game to warm up and search out some hot chocolate but to no avail (which is really surprising considering I went to a game last Thursday and it was 65-70 in my seat and I saw the hot chocolate vendor three times).

Amelia's favorite part of the game was obviously the seventh inning stretch.  She took her duties as a Cubs fan very seriously and made sure to sing loud as the Cubs were down 5-0.  Unfortunately, even Amelia's singing couldn't help the Cubs so we left at the end of 8 innings as we were freezing and someone was getting tired (I won't say who).  Welcome to being a Cubs fan Amelia, you will get used to it... there is always next game (Cubs 1 - Dodgers 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment