Sunday, August 12, 2012

Scenes of Summer

We really aren't that busy or at least I don't feel like it when I hear about other families' schedules. The work week is pretty packed with the morning daycare drop-off for me, Mark and I both working all day, daycare pick-up for Mark, the evening rush of dinner/baths/bedtime and then getting ready for the next day or doing some work. So when the weekend comes I like to call us "the laziest family in Chicago." We lounge mornings away at home, consider a trip to the park to be a "big" outing and all seem genuinely happy with our slow paced weekends.

I am still working on getting our old blog postings put into books. Yep, so far I've only made it through 2008 and that was only one month of postings :). In our defense we had 2009 all ready to go and all we needed to do was hit the order button and then our computer got stollen. So we almost have 2009 redone and then will move on to 2010. I did work on the 2009 book a lot this weekend and it made me realize how happy I am that I have kept up this blog. I know I will love having the collection of books when the girls are grown and I am thinking they will like having them too.

So here are some scenes from the last month or so.

Juliet enjoying a Sunday evening playmate at the beach. She was the hit of the night dressed in my old swimsuit.
The problem with taking Juliet to the beach is keeping her from eating her weight in sand.
Amelia had to play so patiently while waiting for Sophia and Lyla to show up.
We decided to finally act like adults with two professional jobs and bought a new car. While we were car shopping Amelia was treating Louise to brunch.
Amelia sends a special thank you to GranAnn for taking her and Louise to American Girl for pancakes, too much sugar for a Saturday morning and some new clothes for Louise.
The park. Oh how we love our park. Juliet needed a Cheerio break but wasn't about to take her eyes off her big sister. Juliet does not have much fear. She involves a pair of eyes and an adult very close to her  while at the park. Luckily the  very frequent face plants, tumbles, falls off playground equipment, face plant into the TV stand, etc have not been serious. She rarely cries after a good spill and even if she does it is for a quick moment and then she hops right out of our arms and goes back for another bruise....



1 comment: