Between preparing to move into our new home, both Mark and I working full time and most importantly wanting to be with Amelia 24/7 we don't get out with friends nearly as much as we wish. For all the joys of parenthood the challenges of juggling couple/baby/family/friend time leaves me carrying around guilt on a regular basis. Thank goodness for weddings and willing babysitters which combine for great evenings with friends.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Adults Only
Disclaimer: I saw this post sitting in my drafts and can't figure out why I didn't post it a month ago when I wrote it.......
Congratulations to Randi and Niko on their Big Fat Greek Wedding. In September we traveled to Kansas to share in Randi and Niko's celebration. Amelia spent the evening watching KU football and eating ice cream with GrandAnn and Auntie M. We spent the evening catching up with my girls from college (their men and a couple of baby bumps) who I miss on a daily basis! For those who have never attended a Greek wedding they serve you shots of Ouzo on your way out of the wedding. Sorry brides but that sure beats bubbles and bird seed. Good to see we haven't lost our love of the "sorority pose" and open bars. 
Congratulations to Andrew and Lee on their Motown Bash. Amelia stayed in Chicago where Grandma and Grandpa Lang spoiled her rotten! We spent the weekend in Detroit and got to catch-up with many of my architecture school friends and former HOKers. Props to Andrew and Lee for pulling off a wedding on a street (which one would typically drive down) in urban Detroit. Joking aside it was a touching ceremony lead by Reverend Gene in a very hip location. The party wasn't bad either and for those of you who know my architecture crew you probably aren't surprised.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment