Friday, April 16, 2010

Here is to Carla & Jay!!!!

Last weekend Mark and I spent an amazing long weekend in Guanajuato, Mexico. Our weekend was full of peaceful flights reading books instead of corralling a toddler, adult conversations, warm weather, good friends and most importantly sharing in Carla & Jay's wedding ceremony and celebration. The experience of visiting Guanajuato a town very special to Carla, meeting her family who lives in the area and enjoying a basilica wedding in Mexico left us feeling very special to have been included in their wedding. We are so sad that Carla & Jay's lives are taking them away from Chicago to Colorado but if they have to move at least they will be 30 minutes away from the cabin so we will get to see them this summer in the Rockies. Here are the newlyweds!!!!



Mark enjoying the cobblestone streets of Guanajuato. the view from our room
here I am on our outing to reach the rehearsal dinner venue

Mark and Carla rehearsal dinner-ing
The big event! If only I spoke Spanish I could have actually understood the wedding and mass. I wish I would have known before the wedding that in this basilica (and maybe in all basilicas for all I know) weddings are conducted during the standard mass times. So Carla and Jay had a choice of 8am, noon or 7pm. Had I known this before the wedding I would have been expecting a basilica with all kinds of other folks in attendance other than Carla and Jay's guests. Instead I was sitting there thinking hm, "that is kind of neat that folks just come in from off the street to share in the celebration. I wonder if Carla and Jay are cool with this?" Now I know.



The BEAUTIFUL brideMark and I dressed in our wedding day bestsome of the guys strutting their stuff between the wedding and party
I don't even know where to start with this one. All I can say is it involved the matron-of-honor's husband singing EVERY single word to Getting Jiggy With It and three of Carla's favorite guys (my lovely husband included) performing as his back up dancers. What? What's up 90's? I can't even imagine what the hotel workers were thinking when this chaos was going on. There is a video out there which if I get my hands on will have to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment