Friday, April 16, 2010

Amelia and GranAnn's Weekend


For those of you who read our blog, not because you are interested in how Mark and I spend our time but because you want to see our cute little girl here is how she spent our Mexican weekend. Well she was spoiled rotten. My mom came to Chicago to spend the time with Amelia. This was the first time we had "left" Amelia for more than one night (which we have only done twice). I knew I would miss her like crazy which of course we both did. I also knew that my mom would take great care of her. In fact my only worry was that my mom who isn't always the most technologically advanced would get frustrated with our TV and not be able to watch her shows. I'm happy to report that my mom managed our daughter, TV AND computer all without any problems.

Amelia loves going on walks so her and GranAnn went on lots! I am pretty sure my mom changed her outfits at least three times a day just for the fun of it.




They checked out the Lincoln Park Zoo where Amelia was more entertained by running around than looking at animals.

The girl loves her sock monkey!


Does this smile say, "oh how I miss Mama and Dada?" Yeah, I know the answer.


Amelia and GranAnn visited Clara (and her parents) where they enjoyed swinging and


dining on cupcakes


My mom did a lot with Amelia but one thing she didn't do was teach her eating manners. She insists on having a spoon with her when she eats but needs some practice on how to actually use a spoon.


Finally Mama and Dada came home! She loved the maracas we brought back for her. In fact she loved the pink one so much she had it broken within 24 hours. Thank you mom for taking such great care of Amelia so Mark and I could enjoy our trip to Mexico!

2 comments:

  1. Where to start! Your daughter is soooo YOU (sorry, Mark)! Second, your pictures from Mexico are amazing. Looks like you had a great trip. And finally, Carla looks GORGEOUS!(And p.s. I don't know who she is!) HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the pics! Amelia is getting SO big! That technology-challenged behavior is genetic I'm afaid. Hope you got higher tech genes Whitney! You trip to Mexico looks fab.....what a great destination wedding. Hope Amelia gets to meet all her 2nd cousin boys some day. Cooper would kiss her to death!

    ReplyDelete