Monday, September 6, 2010

SPOILED!!!

How does Amelia define spoiled? Spending Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with GranAnn and then spending Thursday and Friday with Poppy and JuJu. She was a lucky girl to spend a full week with grandparents.

Of course the reason we had all the help last week is that starting tomorrow we are making a big change in our household. Sadly it was time for Jenn to head back to school full time so Miss Amelia is starting daycare tomorrow. We had a bit of a gap between Jenn and daycare so the grandparents were happy to help out. We have been so spoiled with having Jenn come to our home and the great care she gave Amelia. There is no doubt that Amelia and I's morning routine will be a bit more involved. It will also be a huge change for me as I am going to have to start driving to work. I'm a CTA kind of girl. I've never really known work life without taking public transportation. I'm sure I will get used to driving and wonder how I used to handle slumming it on the CTA but for now I'm feeling sorry for myself and mourning life as I've known it.

For Mark it will be a welcome change as he won't have to get home as early in the evening thus he won't have to get into work quite as early.

And for Amelia we really do think she will love spending her days with other kiddos. I'm a little anxious about how she will handle naps on cots as she still logs a good 3 - 3 1/2 hour nap each afternoon. Sadly this could mean an earlier bedtime which neither Mark or I are totally excited about. Change is good, right?

So before the big change Amelia spent her week in spoiled grandparent bliss!
GranAnn can't come to Chicago without a bag full of goodies for Amelia. On top of the clothes this trip she brought Amelia her first baby doll. Also in the picture are Bow Bear "Bo" and Louise "Louie" who are never far from her side.
The princess allowed GranAnn to pull her all around the neighborhood.
Amelia was starting to feel the football spirit in anticipation of KU's first game Saturday. Ha, a lot of good that did. Maybe the problem was that the Hughey-Quinn boys were over on Saturday night but decked out in Texas orange instead of crimson and blue.....
Grilled cheese and french fries. My favorite!

Just when Amelia thought she had all the fun she would for the week Poppy and JuJu showed up and even stayed the night! Amelia loved their outing to the Children's Museum.Actually, we can't decide who enjoyed the Children's Museum more Grandpa or Granddaughter?
We didn't get any pictures of the Thursday night concert in Lincoln Square but Amelia showed her grandparents how she rocks out on Thursday nights. One point of her little finger to the gelato store and she had Poppy in there buying her a scoop!
Thank you GranAnn, Poppy and JuJu for helping us out last week. Amelia misses you already!

1 comment:

  1. Whit, she looks so much like you and your sister it is crazy!! I just know she will love playing with the little ones at daycare. Lola does great on the cot...still naps for quite awhile, and gets grumpy when Dianne goes to wake her! :)

    ReplyDelete