Amelia's daycare had their summer show tonight. It was a riot. Each class "danced" to a Beatles song and the girls in Amelia's class were told to wear dresses. When Merrill was coming up to Chicago after Juliet was born she wanted to bring something for Amelia who had recently gotten into dress-up. Merrill showed up with a fun dress to add to Amelia's dress-up clothes. Amelia insisted on wearing, "my pretty dress from EE" for her show.
This video is about what you would expect from 12 toddlers "dancing" on stage and a home video; most of them don't dance, a teacher blocks the kids (in her defense she was preventing a fall from stage), there were lots of confused faces, more jumping than dancing, a few tears, poor lighting and some shaky footage.
At the Christmas show Amelia spent most of the time standing in the back pretty unsure of the whole stage thing. Tonight it took her a bit to get warmed up but she found her move by the end of the song. Mark and I both smiled so much watching her that I decided it was worth sharing the whole video (and I promised the grandmas I would)....
Friday, June 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work it, girl! She definitely knows how to work that dress! :)
ReplyDeleteso cute! She was the best one!
ReplyDeleteAuntie Em made a wonderful choice of gown for Amelia! She was definitely the Diva of her class!! I'll never hear "Can't Buy Me Love" again without thinking of her!!!
ReplyDelete