Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Whenever you ask Amelia what she wants to buy someone she says, "M&M's." This has been going on a while. So of course once I started talking about Father's Day, Amelia became very concerned about getting daddy M&M's for "Friday's Day." I told her on Friday that after her nap we would walk to the store and she could get daddy his present. Like all good daughters she took money out of her dad's wallet and off to the store we went. She cracked the cashier up by pulling out her money from her purse to pay. Mind you her purse is in the shape of a horse and covered in flowers (thank you Ginger!). On Saturday Mark got a much deserved guys day/night out at Wrigley Field. Father's Day morning he was treated to Amelia crying at 4am that she needed someone to sleep with her. He woke up a little tired and sore from sharing her toddler bed.

I seemed to have forgotten to take pictures of our day which we spent opening presents, eating biscuits and gravy, skyping with Papa and a pizza dinner with the Langs.

Amelia and Juliet are so blessed to have such an amazing daddy. I know that some day (probably well past the teen years) they will understand the love and dedication their dad has to them and how important his role is in their lives. I should know as I have an equally amazing dad!

Happy Father's Day to Mark, Papa, Poppy, Tomme and all the other amazing daddies we know!


Amelia arranged her money and M&M's no less than 20 times between the store (which is only a block away) and our home.

I wish her excitement to get home was due to being so happy to give daddy a gift but really she was full of ulterior motives. She rushed in the house and demanded, "daddy share M&M's!"

Georgia and Amelia were great during our Father's Day dinner and kept themselves busy telling secrets and playing with the bag of goodies JuJu showed up with.

1 comment:

  1. Omg Whit, this has got to be the cutest story yet!! Your daughter is a doll!

    ReplyDelete