I really hope this posting does not jinx the great job Amelia has been doing using the big girl potty. Potty training has been a pretty funny process in our house and has left Mark and I laughing with tears a few times. As I print my postings into books for scrap books I thought Amelia would enjoy reading some potty training highlights when she is older :). She has been doing an awesome job and aside from a 24 hour stretch this past weekend has hardly had any accidents. Here are some highlights of potty training according to Amelia:
Amelia had been pretty uninterested in potty training and was content giving us a report on who from her classroom used the potty, pull-ups or diapers. One day I was talking to her teacher and she said, "Amelia is one of those stubborn little girls who is fully aware of what is going on and will decide when she is darn well ready to use the potty. Once she decides she is ready it will go quickly." Turns out her teacher was right on as Amelia got interested and there has been no looking back.
A loud "I'm pooping!" usually means "I need to go pee." (Amelia still hasn't quite mastered if she needs to go #1 or #2, but is getting better every day.)
One day we were out front playing with sidewalk chalk and Amelia walked over to the front stairs, faced the stairs and got into the "male stance" for going to potty. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "going potty out of my tail like daddy does."
Last weekend when my mom was in town Amelia refused to put on a pull-up to go out to dinner. I decided we just needed to go with it and let her go to a restaurant in big girl underwear. As always Amelia packed her bag before we left the house. In her horse purse she packed a single pair of underwear. When we got to the restaurant she pulled her underwear out, spread it out on the table and REFUSED to take it off. The waiter was not entertained.....
While Elise was in town we were playing in the sprinkler out front when I noticed Amelia had the look of needing to go potty. I asked her if she needed to go but she adamantly shook her head no. About that time Elise pointed out to me that there was #2 running down Amelia's leg and proclaimed, "Diarrhea in the grass."
A couple of hours after #5 Elise yelled, "There is diarrhea in her pants" and again she was correct. It kind of took Shannon, Mark, Katie and my pizza appetites away. Thank goodness for Mark who cleaned that one up while I drank wine and talked to the girls.
At the beach Saturday Amelia told us she needed to go pee. Previously Mark had taken Elise and Amelia and taught them to squat in the lake (sorry, Carson). For whatever reason (I was feeding Juliet, we had just gotten her cleaned off to go home, the beach was packed, etc.) Mark and I decided to tell her just to go next to our chairs (okay I get that maybe wasn't the best idea). As we had instructed her to do she took off her suit and squatted next to the chair. The only problem with the situation was that she didn't need to go pee she had to go #2. Yep, we had to clean the beach up......
 |
| For obvious reasons this post doesn't lend itself to lots of pictures. Shannon managed to capture the front yard clean-up. |
Omg, #3 had me rolling! I think I just woke up my freaking kid...seriously, it is THAT funny.
ReplyDelete