Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blue Harbor

So when Tomme and Bobbie invited us to spend the weekend with them at a water park in Wisconsin,  I must admit I was a bit skeptical. Not because of the company but because I'm SO not a water park girl. We had no plans and knew the girls would have a blast with their cousins so we took them up on the offer, after all it wasn't about me. Turns out Blue Harbor is a great place to spend the weekend. The hotel is nice, spa super peaceful, views of Lake Michigan beautiful, the kiddos were all on their best behavior and most importantly I'm pretty sure the cousins all had a great time. I NEVER thought I would look forward to a trip to a water park but I'm definitely looking forward to going back. Hopefully we can go when JuJu/Poppy can join us and it is warmer so we can enjoy the beach! I didn't get a lot of pictures of the water fun as with a one to one kid to parent ratio it makes it hard to focus on taking pictures rather than keeping track of kiddos.

So much for sneaking away for a peaceful beer by himself. Anytime we opened the door to our hotel room Juliet got to the door as fast as she could and would scream if she didn't get to go. I don't think daddy minded his date.
These two girls are something else together... They sure do love playing together!
After a full morning at the water park and long afternoon naps I have never seen kids eat as much as they all did.

Having to sit in a high chair versus the booth with the "big" kids didn't stop Baby J from eating her weight in mac-n-cheese.
Cousin love.
and more cousin love
and yet another attempt of a photograph of all four Lang babies.
Amelia held very still while getting her glitter tattoo in the kid's playroom.
Someone has turned into a bit of a monkey. We cannot turn our back to our littlest lady or this is what we are likely to find. She has turned into a climber! This is new territory for us and I'm not sure there is much we can do other than always have one eye on her. Perhaps this phase will pass but at least right now Juliet has no fear. She would scream at me whenever I wouldn't let her walk directly in to the pool... 
A & G sure have good taste. They showed up in the same swimsuit (in reality it means both their moms are guilty of only shopping for them at Target). Of course they could not be bothered to slow down long enough for a picture of their matching attire.  Georgia is the family dare devil and Charlie and Juliet hold their own in trying new things. Amelia is cut out of the same mold as her mom. She really wanted to go on one of the big slides where you go down in an inner tube. She wanted me to go with her and after mumbling under my breath, "this really is a daddy task" I grabbed a tube and we climbed to the top. It was fast, dark and scary. Amelia screamed the entire way down. I was happy when she didn't want to go again.
Juliet loving her freedom in the water. Uncle Tomme doing a stellar job watching her. :)

2 comments:

  1. Laughing so hard about the last picture. Too much fun, we are already plotting to get JuJu and Popper in on the fun. Oh wait I meant planning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I cannot get over how big Juliet is getting!

    ReplyDelete